gath•er: to come together or bring together into one group, collection or place.
Good Morning, and Happy Saturday! I’m so happy you could join me for Saturday Morning Gather today!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through one of my links, I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog! You can read my full disclosure here.
If you are new here, welcome.
Saturday Morning Gather is my weekly newsletter where I share what is going on at Vintage Home and also share inspiration and things I have found during the week that I think you might enjoy.
I am starting something new for the 3rd Saturday of every month.
In addition to the typical things I share on Saturday Morning Gather, I will also be sharing some fun things that some of my blogger friends have found, as well.
This will be a great way to share lots more ideas and inspiration with you from some other peoples perspective.
If you’ve been around a while, as always, I am so grateful to you! I truly appreciate you showing up and continuing to support my blog.
Gather round and grab your coffee or favorite morning drink of choice and let’s take a look at what’s been happening this week.
on the blog….
Well, once again it’s been a crazy week of travel and I am a bit behind on the blog.
I am finishing up some projects I hope to share there very soon.
In case you missed my summer home tour post last week, you can see that here. There are photos and also a full video tour.
And if you need a great summertime recipe using fresh veggies from your garden, this Italian bruschetta salad appetizer is so easy and delicious.
in other random news…
As I mentioned, I have been traveling so much for a design job.
It has been amazing, and I love to travel, but it is so hard to stay caught up on things at home.
I am trying to learn to balance both.
In the next 3 months, I will be traveling and away from home almost as much as I will be at home.
California, Florida, Arkansas, Houston, North Carolina and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico are on my schedule.
I have never been to San Miguel de Allende, so if you have been and know of things I need to see, let me know. I will be working on a client job, but hopefully there will be time to see some sights.
I’ve been enjoying sharing some ideas for summer home decor on Instagram the past few weeks.
Incorporating seashells has been a fun addition. I have been collecting seashells on any of our beach vacations for years.
But until recently they have been tucked away in a basket.
I pulled some out to use for a tablescape last year and it got me thinking they would be a fun addition this summer.
I filled a vintage soup tureen with lots of them and love how it looks. And a large one sitting on top of a stack of coffee table books is a fun way to use them, as well.
and some other amazing things my friends and I found….
Vintage Home Designs
- I am loving this linen bedding I discovered recently!! I ordered it for a refresh of my downstairs guest bedroom. They have a cute linen duvet that ties, or a cute one that has a ruffled edge. And the price is amazing!! Can you guess which one I got?
- This super cute and cozy outfit is my new favorite! I got it just a few weeks ago and I have already worn it so many times. It is so comfortable, but stylish. It is going to be a great travel outfit, and I am also getting it an another color for fall.
- This real touch Norfolk pine garland is so great for holiday decor. I used this on my staircase last year and plan to add some to my mantel this year. It sells out early every year, so if you want some, grab it soon.
- And I am coveting this Harvest Basket. There are so many uses and possibilities for this beauty. Imagine it filled with pumpkins in the fall or fresh greenery or large Christmas ornaments for the holidays.
It is on sale, but still a bit pricey, so I think it’s going on my Christmas wish list.
Don’t you love it??
- Hubby and I have been getting on our bikes early in the mornings and riding about 5 miles. I love that my Apple watch tracks all the info like mileage, mph, calories burned, and my heart rate. It’s a great way to start our day!
- Sleep is so important to our health so we decided to replace our mattress. Our Sleep Number bed is 20 years old so it was time to get a new one. And of course that meant new My Pillows, new sheets, and a new bedframe to fit the king-size mattress.
- Have you jumped on board with a smart speaker for your home yet? We were gifted an Echo Dot and we love it! I can tell Alexa to play ‘relaxing instrumental music’ and listen all day. This small device is about 5″ round and the sound quality is amazing!
- Speaking of jumping on board with new things – I started to shave my face! Haha! That sounds so funny to say! It’s been well over a year and I can say my skin has never felt better. I’m using the Schick Hydra Silk Exfoliating/Dermaplaning Tool and it’s super easy to use.
- I’m doing a porch refresh so I got this fantastic rug from boutique rugs. It’s the Hettick Rug. It’s a blue and white outdoor rug that I can hose down. I topped it with a blue welcome mat that says Welcome in gold.
- We have a few outdoor events coming up and I need a few summer dresses that are cool and comfortable. I’m loving this loose-fit long dress in Royal Blue.
- I’m almost done with working in the garden and boy did Grandpa’s Weeder ever save my back.
- I’ve enjoyed fun summer drinks with ice cubes from flower molds in these glasses.
- I’m so excited about raised flower beds. They make so much easier. No bending over; a raised bed also allows you to customize your soil with my favorite amendments to your flower needs. ening this summer, especially now that I have my new
- I have a few favorite garden tools that I could not live without. The first is a flexible, lightweight bucket with handles. It makes trimming so easy, even for those hard-to-reach places. The bucket is also lightweight, so I can easily carry it around my garden while trimming with my favorite clippers.
- My other favorite garden tool is a mini battery-operated blower. It keeps my patios and gardens tidy 24/7. The blower is small and lightweight, so it’s easy to maneuver around my garden without cords.
- We’re hosting a large potluck dinner next weekend! Did I mention it’s on our patio? On our recent trip to Dallas, we discovered fly fans! Several restaurants had them on the outdoor tables. I need these for my patio and balcony. But I might splurge and get this one because of the mosquito light it also has.
- That’s for on the tables. And this traditional fan will keep the mosquitos and biting flies off our legs and ankles under the tables!
- And this is my very favorite “tablecloth” to use on my outdoor tables. Every time I wash it, the texture becomes even better and sooo soft and drapey despite it’s weight! It’s huge so drapes to the ground. I’ve also cut one up to make three long tablecloths! Can’t beat the price!!!
- The deer munched the first of our hydrangea blooms, but not anymore!! I gave them a good coating of this Deer Out concentrate. This is the most successful product I have found. And this new sprayer worked great!
I hope you found some inspiration at our Saturday Morning Gather today!
Join the Fun
If you’re not already a member of the Vintage Home family, I would love for you
to join me! You’ll get email updates so you don’t miss any ideas and inspiration
shared here on the blog.
blessings and have a wonderful weekend,