It’s recipe day for my monthly dinner club group and this month is all about a cozy winter get together. And I can’t wait for you to see how to make the cutest coconut pie mini parfaits!
If you are coming over from Jessica at The Old Barn, welcome! I’m so glad you are here! Didn’t her Tortilla Cake look amazing?
about our dinner club
In case you’re not familiar, I am part of a monthly virtual dinner club. There are 5 other bloggers, plus myself, and we create a themed tablescape every month along with a menu to go with our theme.
I have really loved creating these tablescapes and recipes and sharing them with you. If you have been around a while, I hope you’re enjoying them too!
This month, the theme is “Cozy Winter”. If you missed my tablescape on Thursday, you can see that here.
the menu for a cozy winter get together
Coconut Pie Mini Parfaits
Don’t these all sound yummy???
The best part about my recipe is…..
shhh, don’t tell anyone, but it’s a microwave pie filling!!!
Yep, you read that right. 8-10 minutes in the microwave, and that’s it. And you can’t believe how yummy it is!!
ingredients for coconut pie mini parfaits
no bake crust for parfaits
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
filling for parfaits
1 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1/3 cup flour
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup coconut flakes
1 pint whipping cream
directions for coconut pie mini parfaits
Mix sugar and flour together, then add milk and mix with wire whisk.
Add egg yolks, and beat well.
Microwave 5 minutes on high, then stir.
Microwave for another 3-5 minutes depending on your microwave. You want the consistency of pudding.
Stir, then add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3/4 cup coconut flakes.
Let cool before adding to your parfait glasses.
assembling the mini parfaits
For my parfaits, I used vintage juice glasses. I picked these up at a thrift shop recently for .25 cents each.
They were the perfect size for a mini parfait.
First, you want to mix up your crust, and press into the bottom of each glass.
I made my crust about an inch thick and pressed it in with a wooden tart tamper.
After your filling has cooled, you want to add a layer of filling on top of the graham cracker crust.
Next add a layer of whipping cream. I used a pint of whipping cream and added about a 1/2 cup of sugar, then mixed in my stand mixer until firm.
Add another layer of filling, then top with a layer of whipped cream.
embellishing the top of my coconut pie mini parfaits
I decided to decorate the top of my parfaits with toasted coconut.
I found a super easy method for toasting coconut. All you do is put a layer of coconut flakes on a microwavable plate.
Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each so it doesn’t burn. The coconut will begin to toast.
It took about 5 minutes total, but of course, this will depend on your microwave.
And that’t it! Sprinkle a little on top of your super cute coconut pie mini parfaits, and serve!!
I hope you enjoyed seeing how to make the cutest coconut pie mini parfaits!
Next up on our menu is Jen with a delicious winter white sangria! And be sure and click on the links below each photo to see all of the amazing recipes.
I would love to hear if you try the mini parfaits!!
Print out to save for later.
Coconut Pie Mini Parfaits
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs for crust
- 1/4 cup sugar for crust
- 4 tablespoons butter for crust
- 1 cup sugar for filling
- 2 cups milk for filling
- 3 egg yolks for filling
- 2 tablespoons butter for filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla for filling
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes for filling
- 1 pint whipping cream filling and topping
- 1/4 cup sugar filling and topping
- For Crust:
- mix 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and 4 tablespoons butter.
- press into bottom of parfait glass.
- For Pie Filling:
- Mix sugar and flour together, then add milk and mix well with wire whisk.
- Add egg yolks, and beat well.
- Microwave 5 minutes on high, then stir.
- Microwave for another 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave. You want the consistency of pudding.
- Stir, then add 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3/4 cup coconut flakes,
- Let cool before adding to your parfait glasses.
- For topping and additional parfait layer:
- Beat 1 pint whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar with hand or stand mixer until firm. If you want a sweeter whipping cream add 1/2 cup sugar.
- To assemble parfaits:
- Press crust into bottom of glasses with a tart stamper.
- Add a layer of pie filling, then a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers, ending with whipped cream.
- Toasted Coconut Topping:
- Put a layer of coconut flakes on a microwavable plate.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between so it doesn't burn.
- The coconut will begin to toast. Mine took about 5 minutes total.
- Top your mini parfaits with toasted coconut.
If you enjoyed the post, be sure and Pin It to remember it…..